Meatless Wonton Soup
- Start making the soup by placing garlic, salted mustard vegetables and stock into a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the soup is simmering, make the wontons. In a large mixing bowl, combine Meatless Farm mince, water chestnuts, superior soy sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper, ginger, sesame oil and spring onions.
- Mix the wonton filling thoroughly then fill into wonton wrappers. Seal edges with a little bit of water, making sure to pinch the edges firmly to seal the wonton properly.
- Once all your wontons are complete, add the optional watercress and diced tofu to the soup. Cook your wontons in the soup for 4-7 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them from sticking to each other. Test one single wonton to check for doneness.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with spring onions and sesame oil. Serve immediately with optional pickled green chillies. Enjoy!
- 1 pack wonton skins, yellow (at least 16pcs)
- 300g Meatless Farm mince
- 90g water chestnuts, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp superior soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 20g spring onions, sliced (green parts only)
Pickled Vegetable Soup:
- 1.5L chicken, pork or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on, crushed gently
- 90g salted mustard vegetables (ham choy)
- 150g soft tofu, diced
- (Optional) 2 cups watercress vegetables
- 20g spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- (Optional) Pickled green chillies