Miso Soup with Asian Meatless Meatballs
Makes 4 bowls
- Remove the Meatless Farm mince from its packaging and combine all meatball ingredients. Shape into golf ball-sized balls. One pack of mince should make between 10 and 12 meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the meatballs evenly spaced on to an oveproof tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in the in the oven for 15-18 mins.
- Boil your baby sweetcorn in water over a medium heat, until cooked through. Once ready, put to one side.
- If you have chosen to include an egg, poach the egg in salted water (you can use the same water as the baby sweetcorn, to save time, cleaning up and to add a little extra flavour).
- Add your truffle or olive oil to a frying pan over a medium to high heat, once heated add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Put to one side so they are ready to add to the finished bowl.
- Add one sachet of the itsu ‘miso easy’ to 200ml of boiling water and mix well.
- Heat up your ready cooked rice pack in the microwave, as per pack instructions.
- You are ready to build your bowl! Turn your rice into your bowl in a pile, add the miso soup, Asian Meatballs, mushrooms, baby corn, egg and top with all other prepared ingredients. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top to garnish.
Asian Meatless Meatballs
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 1 tsp fresh lemon grass (or dried), finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- Soup and extras (per bowl)
- 1 sachet Itsu ‘miso easy’ in 200 ml boiling water
- 50g Shimeji mushrooms (any mushrooms will do, chanterelle & oyster mushrooms also great)
- ½ tsp truffle oil (use olive oil if not available)
- 4 basil leaves
- Edamame beans
- 1 egg (optional)
- 3 baby sweetcorn
- 75g cooked rice
- Chopped red chilli for garnish
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle