- In a medium to large saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes, add the garlic, Meatless Mince, nutmeg and herbs and fry for 5 minutes until mince is browned, constantly stirring.
- Add mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, marmite and stock, cook for a further 15 minutes. Season to taste after the filling has cooked. If using a pasta sauce add when the meat has been browned.
- Preheat the oven 190˚C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat, remove from the heat, add the flour, stirring until smooth, gradually blend in the milk stirring constantly and return to the heat until the sauce comes to a gentle boil. Add 50g of the cheese and the mustard and season to taste.
- To layer; place a small amount of bolognese sause on the base of 2 litre ovenproof dish, layer 3 sheets of the lasagne, top with ½ the remaining bolognese and ¼ sauce, top with 3 sheet s of lasagne, repeat, top with the remaining sauce, sprinkle the top with the remaining grated cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan if using. Cook in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until golden on top and gently bubbling.
For the ragu
- 400g The Meatless Farm Mince
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 100g chestnut capped mushrooms, diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Marmite (optional)
- 100ml vegetable stock or broth
- Salt and pepper
- 9 dry lasagne sheets
For the white sauce
- 650ml milk
- 50g butter or vegan spread
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g plain flour
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese, or vegan equivalent
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
Made By You
If you’d like to see your recipe appear on.
The Meatless Farm website, simply tag us in
your creations on social media, or drop us an email to : email@example.com