Sticky Meatless Bao Buns
- Heat a pan to a medium high then add the sesame oil and fry off the mince for 10-12 mins until its all seared and golden brown.
- Once browned add the cabbage and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasioanlly.
- Add the sliced fresh chilli, chilli flakes, garlic and ginger then stir through the mixture for another 2-3 mins
- Add the soya sauce and rice wine and stir through the mixture.
- Pour in your Korean BBQ sauce.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture reduce and caramelise slightly until you get some sticky and crispy bits, being careful not to burn.
- Turn off the heat and stir through spring onions. Set aside to cool.
- To make the bao dough, pour the full tin of coconut milk into a bowl.
- Fill the tin level with self raising flour and add to the coconut milk. Repeat.
- Mix with chopstick or a wooden spoon until everything is totally combined. You should end up with a really sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and keep adding a little bit of flour until the dough doesn’t stick you your hands.
- Form the dough into roughly a 1 ½ inch sausage shape. Cut off roughly 1 ½ inches at a time forming into a flat circle – thin the dough out along the edges more than the middle so you have an even dough when formed.
- Fill the middle with a heaped teaspoon of mince mixture and bring the edges into the middle to form a filled bun. Place in a paper muffin cup.
- Once you have filled all your buns put them into a bamboo steaming basket giving them enough space to rise.
- Place the bamboo basket over a pan of boiling water and steam for 8-10 mins.
- When steamed, remove from the heat and sprinkle the buns with sesame seeds. Serve with a spicy or soya dipping sauce.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ diced cabbage
- Heaped tsp minced garlic
- Heaped tsp minced ginger
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4-5 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- ½ lime
- 300 ml Korean BBQ sauce (can use any sweet oriental sauce, Teriyaki, hoi sin)
- 1 tin 300ml (full fat) coconut milk
- 2 tins (use same tin) self-raising flour
- Flour for surface
Made By You
If you’d like to see your recipe appear on.
The Meatless Farm website, simply tag us in
your creations on social media, or drop us an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org