Crispy Meatless Ground with Augbergine, Spinach & Ginger
- Remove the Meatless Farm mince from the packaging and place in a bowl with the cornflour, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 45ml of dark soy sauce, 30ml of sherry and the sugar. Toss to coat the mince and leave to marinate for up to an hour.
- Place the aubergine in a bowl and toss with the remaining cumin and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Heat the oil in a large wok on a high flame and fry the aubergine, stirring occasionally, for five mins, until it starts to brown.
- Add the ginger, 1 tbsp of soy and fry for three minutes, stirring often, until the aubergine is a dark golden brown colour. Remove from the wok, wipe the pan clean, then return to the heat.
- Put the cumin seeds in the hot pan and dry fry for approx 30 seconds, taking care not to burn them. Tip into a saucer.
- Return the pan to a high heat add the rest of the oil. Add the mince mixture to the pan, stirring occasionally, and cook until it becomes crisp and brown. Cook in two batches if required.
- In a separate pan, saute the spinach leaves in the butter until soft and wilted.
- Return the mince to the wok along with the aubergine, spinach, remaining soy, rice wine, chillies, spring onions, coriander and toasted cumin seeds. Stir and warm the mixture through.
- Transfer to a platter and drizzle over the vinegar. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- 2 packs Meatless Farm meat-free ground
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 90ml dark soy sauce
- 60ml pale dry sherry (or Shaoxing rice wine)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 aubergines, cut into 6cm x 2cm pieces
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 2cm piece ginger, peel and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 pack baby leaf spinach
- 3 red chillies, finely chopped at a 45 degree angle
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped at a 45 degree angle
- Bunch coriander, leaves and stalks separated, to garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp rice-wine vinegar
- Pomegranate seeds, to garnish