Meat-Free Korean Bulgogi Filo Baskets
- Pour the vegetable oil and sesame oils into a pan on a high heat. Add the chopped spring onion, chilli and garlic stir for 1 min.
- Add the Meatless Farm ground and cook until it becomes brown and crisp.
- Add the water chestnuts, soy sauce and bulgogi sauce. Cook until thick and sticky and a shiny glaze appears over the ingredients. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grease a cupcake tin with the butter or margarine. Cut the filo into squares of 10cm x 10cm. Use a pastry brush to butter or oil the squares.
- Lay one piece of pastry down, and then place a second piece on top so that it resembles a star shape (you should be able to see all 8 corners). Take the two pieces of pastry and push into the cupcake tin to create the basket.
- Repeat until the tray is full.
- Bake the baskets in the oven at 180C for approx. 8 minutes, watching them closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and fill the baskets with the hot mince mixture and garnish with fresh lime wedges, coriander and chilli.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm meat-free ground
- ½ pack ready rolled filo pastry
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 red chillis, finely chopped
- 3 fat cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Korean bulgogi sauce (available from Chinese supermarkets, or alternatively use hoisin sauce)
- ½ tin water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Fresh coriander, lime wedges, chopped red chilli & sesame seeds to garnish