Meatless Ground & Aubergine Fatteh
- Spread the pitta triangles out on a large baking sheet and toast in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-15 mins or until they are crisp. Set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl, mix the yogurt, tahini, 3 tbsp of lemon juice, garlic and 1 tsp of the salt.
- Warm the oil in a wide, heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until soft and pale.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the aubergine and stir well. Cook for 10 mins, stirring frequently. Turn the heat down if the aubergine looks like it’s catching.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander and a teaspoon each of the paprika and salt. Turn the heat to high and add the Meatless Farm ground, breaking it up with a fork. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for around 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the mince is cooked through. Taste to see if more salt is required then remove from the heat.
- Pour 3cm of just-boiled water into a fresh pan and put over a low heat. Sit the bowl with the yogurt mixture on top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Beat the yogurt mixture well until it’s slightly above room temperature and has the consistency of lightly whipped cream.
- Time to build your fatteh! Arrange the pitta triangles on a large round plate. Top with the aubergine and ground mixture, followed by lashings of the yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with paprika and scatter over the pomegrante seeds, toasted pine nuts and shredded mint leaves.
- Dig in, using the pitta bread to scoop up the delicious toppings.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm meat-free ground
- 4 pitta breads, split open and cut into triangles
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 125g pomegranate seeds
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp finely shredded mint leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika, and extra for sprinkling