Pigless Blankets: Clementine & Cranberry Stuffing with Savoy Cabbage
- Make the stuffing as per the pack instructions. Mix with the zest of the clementine and the dried cranberries. Season with a some additional black pepper and sea salt. You can also add some fresh herbs (chive, sage or parsley). Once the stuffing is cool, take a small amount and shape into a small rectangle the same length and width as the halved sausages. Make 12 of these little rectangles and set aside.
- For the savoy cabbage. Cut each leaf down either side of the stalk.
- Place a pan of salted water on the stove, when it reaches a rolling boil carfefully submerge the cabbage in the water and cook for one minutes. Using a pair of tongs remove the cabbage from the water and plunge into iced water to cool.
- Once cooled, dry the cabbage leaves on kitchen towels and set aside.
- Lay out the cabbage leaves on a clean work top. Place a piece of the stuffing about half an inch up from the bottom of the strip of cabbage, place a piece of sausage on top of the stuffing and roll the sausage/stuffing up in the cabbage, keep it as tight as possible
- Leave the pigs in blankets in the fridge until needed
- When you’re ready for them, pre heat the oven to 200C, place the sausages wrapped in savoy on a Lightly oiled baking tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil . Roast in a hot oven for 10 minutes until the cabbage has a nice char.
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm Meat Free Breakfast Sausages, cut in half (give them a little roll between your hands to give them a chipolata shape)
- 6 outer leaves of savoy cabbage washed thoroughly
- 1 sage and onion stuffing packet mix
- 50g dried cranberry
- Zest of 4 clementines or an orange