The Spicy Dog
- Make the stuffing as per the pack instructions and mix with the clementine zest and chopped sage. Leave the stuffing to cool and then shape into little pieces. Fry them gently in a non stick pan with a good glug of oil until nice and crispy. Drain on a piece of kitchen roll and leave to one side.
- In a non stick pan, drizzle a healthy glug of cooking oil, heat over a medium heat, then add a 8 – 10 leaves of fresh sage. Cook for a minute until the leaves stop crackling, drain on kitchen roll and set aside.
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of ketchup with a good squeeze of sriracha (alter the ratio depending how spicy you like it)
- When you’re ready to serve the dogs, cook the sausage as per the pack instructions. Place the cooked sausage in the bun.
- Drizzle with the sriracha ketchup and top with plenty of the crispy stuffing bits and the fried sage.
- We also added some slices of pickled chilli for a an extra fiery tickle and a fine grating of clementine zest
- 2 Meatless Farm Meat Free Sausages
- 2 hot dog buns
- ½ pack of sage and onion stuffing mix
- Clementine zest or orange zest
- A handful of fresh sage
- Pickled chillis (you can buy good quality pickled chillies or to make your own, mix 100g of white wine vinegar with 60g of caster sugar, stir until dissolved. Finely slice a red chilli and dress with the vinegar.)