Twist Caribbean Burger
- In a small pot or skillet, add canola and heat to medium high heat. Fry plantain until outer edges brown and caramelize. Remove, drain on a lined plate and allow to cool.
- To make the secret sauce, whisk mayo, ketchup, sweet relish, mustard, vinegar, sugar and scotch bonnet sauce together in a small bowl.
- Season the thawed Meatless Farm Meat Free Burger patties with the Twist Blend on both sides. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and melt butter in the pan. Cook the patties for 3minutes on one side then flip. Layer the cheese on the patties and cover the pan and squirt a little water around the patties and cover to melt the cheese. Cook for 3 more minutes on lower heat.
- Lightly toast the buns. If desired, butter buns prior to toasting.
- Layer cheesy patty on the bottom of the bun. Then add lettuce, tomato, onion, and finally, the fried plantain chips. Add dollop of secret sauce to the top bun before completing burger. (You will have leftover sauce.)
- To make the burgers Double-style, divide each thawed patty into two parts into 1⁄4 inch thick patties. Cook each patty for 2 minutes on each side, melting the cheese on top after flipping. Build the burgers with two patties, and desired toppings.
- 1⁄2 yellow plantain, peeled and cut in slices (1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 cups of canola oil
- 2 Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers
- Twist blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, allspice and cayenne
- Double Gloucester Cheese (sliced)
- 4 slices beefeater tomato
- 1⁄2 Boston Bibb lettuce, separated
- 1 Medium red onion sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 hamburger buns (regular or brioche style)
- 1⁄4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp scotch bonnet sauce