Ultimate Meatless Xmas Burger
We’ve gone all out indulgence with this and made it a double burger feel free to make it with a single burger if you like. We’ve smashed our burgers as we cooked them to give them a thinner, crispier feel.
- Shred the sprouts, place in a bowl with the salt and scrunch with your hands, the scrunching helps release water from the sprouts. Add the gram flour, water, spices and nigella seeds. Mix well. The batter should be fairly thick.
- To cook the bhajis, heat half an inch of vegetable oil in a deep thick bottomed pan. Drop a tiny dollop of the bhaji mix in the oil to test if it’s hot enough. Using a tea spoon drop spoonful’s of the bhaji mix into the oil. Cook until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. Do the bhaji’s in small batches, be careful not to overcrowd the pan. When cooked, drain on kitchen towel and set aside.
- Make the sage mayo by mixing all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Create the pickled red cabbage by mixing the sugar and vinegar together until the sugar has dissolved. Then mix with the cabbage and set aside.
- Mix your ketchup and cranberry sauce to make your cranberry ketchup.
- Take the burger pattys and squish them into a ball.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a med/high heat with a drizzle of oil. Place the balls of mince in the pan, and flatten with a fish slice or palette knife. The pattys should be just over 5”. Cook for 2 – 3 mins until crispy, then flip the burgers and top with the smoked cheese. When the cheese starts to melt remove the from the heat and set aside.
- Use the same pan to toast the burger bun, you’re then ready to assemble you xmas burger.
- Spread sage & onion mayo on the bottom of the bun, top with the red cabbage, then the two burger pattys, followed by the bhajis and good drizzle of the cranberry ketchup, finally top the burger with the top of the burger bun.Congratulations, you just completed Christmas!
- 2x Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers
- Vegan Smoked Cheese
- 8x Brussels sprouts shredded
- Teaspoon of sea salt
- 200g gram flour
- 50g water (or just enough to bind the bhaji batter)
- 2 x tsp Garam Masala or curry power
- ½ tsp Nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp x vegan mayo
- A few leaves of Fresh Sage
- ¼ an onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of sage and onion stuffing mix
Pickled Red Cabbage
- ¼ a red cabbage finely shredded
- 200ml Red wine vinegar
- 130ml Sugar
- 1 pot of ketchup
- 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce