This simple puttanesca sauce is a sweet, salty, spicy accompaniment to pasta dishes. It’s a punched version of a basic tomato sauce using staple Mediterranean ingredients. A great match for our Beef, Red Wine & Porcini Girasole.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Beef, Red Wine & Porcini Girasole
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 25g chopped flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 15 green olives, pitted & sliced (ideally nocellara)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the puttanesca… Drizzle big glug of olive oil into a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Once hot add the capers and cook until they start to crisp up. Turn the heat right down and add the garlic, chilli and olives. Season with salt and cook for a minute giving a little stir every now and then.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer gently while you cook the pasta. Add the parsley just before the pasta is cooked.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, gently place the Meatless Farm Beef, Red Wine & Porcini Girasole in the water and simmer for 6 mins or until the pasta is tender and piping hot.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the Girasole from the pan, arrange on warm plates, drizzle with olive oil and spoon over the puttanesca sauce.
- Serve with an epic salad and wedges of warm bread
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!