This bubble and squeak recipe is great for using up all those Christmas Day leftovers. Bring your leftover veg back to life with our Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages and a healthy dousing of gravy.
For the filling
- 100g vegan butter (50g for dish & 50g for mash)
- 600g potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- 400g leftover cooked roasties roughly chopped
- 300g leftover cooked roast root veg roughly chopped
- 300g leftover cooked sprouts, cabbage any other green veg finely sliced
- 200g leftover vegan stuffing
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Chipolata Sausages, seasoned
- 50g vegan butter
- Leftover cranberry chutney
- Leftover gravy (if having for dinner)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Grease an ovenproof dish all over with butter.
- Bring a pan of water to boil, add your potatoes and cook for 15-20 mins. Drain, and add to a large bowl with 50g of butter, dijon mustard, garlic puree and seasoning. Mash together until smooth.
- Add all other leftover roasties, veg and stuffing and mix, remembering to taste and season.
- Add your bubble and squeak mixture to your greased dish and press down slightly. Nestle your Meatless Farm sausages within the surface of the bake and dot all over with butter and mini dollops of chutney.
- Pop in the oven for 30 mins, ensuring you turn your sausages occassionally for an even colour. For the final 10 mins, sprinkle all over with thyme.
- Remove from the oven and serve as the perfect Boxing day brekkie with a soft poached egg, or repeat all the flavours of your Christmas dinner and drown in gravy for a warming Boxing day lunch.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!