Chocolate Chilli & Taco Pie
Serves 4 (freeze any left over chilli for another time)
- First, cook the mince. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, drizzle with a good glug of olive oil. Tip the block of Meatless Farm Mince into the pan, leave to cook on one side until it starts to brown, carefully flip the mince over and repeat on the second side. Using a wooden spoon start to break the mince apart. Stirring occasionally. When the mince has coloured evenly set aside to cool. We’ll add this to our sauce later.
- To cook the chilli, in a pan place a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat, add the onion and chilli and season with a little sea salt, cook over a low heat for 10 mins. Then add the garlic, and cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the smoked paprika, cumin, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cinnamon, oregano. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, espresso and cook for 10-15 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock and drained beans mix well cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Then tip in the pre cooked Meatless Farm Mince.
- Add the dark chocolate and maple syrup, stir until the chocolate has melted, season well with soy sauce and cook out the chilli for a further 10 mins. Check the seasoning adding more smoked paprika or chilli if you fancy.
- Toss the grated cheese in the cornflour, place in a pan with the soya milk and mix over a gentle heat until melted. Season with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Time to Assemble your taco pie… Fill each taco with the chilli, in a baking dish. Top the tacos with the cheese sauce, bake in the oven at 180C for 25-30 mins until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with guacamole, lime wedges, rice and Violife creamy. We also served ours with a few additional spoonful’s of Violife cocospread which we’d spiked with a pinch of chipotle.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 table spoon of tomato puree
- 400ml veg stock
- 1 tin chopped tomato or passata (400g)
- 2 shots of espresso of 100ml of strong black coffee
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp chipotle chilli flakes (regular chilli powder or chilli flakes will also work well)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g Violife cocospread
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tins kidney beans (any beans will do though, we like to use cannellini or rosecoco beans)
- 1 or 2 tbsp soy sauce (soy sauce will do wonderful things to your chilli)
- 1 pack of hard shell tacos
- 100g grated Violife
- 5g cornflour
- 60g soya milk
- Soured cream or vegan cream cheese
- Lime wedges
- Pickled chillies