These crispy mince lettuce cups are quick, simple and perfect for a special occasion. They’re like little boats bursting with Mexican flavour!
- 175g Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince (half a large pack)
- 10g Luchito Fajita & Taco Mix (or any fajita spice you fancy)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuces
- 1 small bag of tortilla chips
- 20g pickled red onions
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 tbsp vegan soured cream
- Handful chopped coriander, for garnish
- First up, cook the mince… Place a non-stick pan over a medium heat with plenty of oil, once hot add the mince to the pan and cook for 6 mins, stirring gently.
- Add the sliced peppers to the pan and cook for another 5 mins until the mince starts to get crispy, adding more oil if needed. Next, add the fajita spice mix and season with a little sea salt. Set aside.
- Trim the stalk off the lettuce, separate the leaves and wash under cold water. Pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Lay the lettuce cups on a serving board and spoon on the mince mixture.
- Garnish with a dollop of guacamole, soured cream, some pickled red onion, them smash the tortilla chips and sprinkle over the tacos. Finish with some coriander.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!