These Halloween burgers are the work of the devil! The perfect spicy treat to wrap your fangs round.
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm Burgers
- ½ ‘evil’ baby gem lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 lovely ripe vampire tomato, thickly sliced
- 2 Slices vegan chilli burger cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 healthy squirt of sriracha for the mayo
- 1 dangerous squirt of sriracha for the burger
- 1 nob of melted vegan butter
- 2 charcoal burger buns
- 2 whole chillies, stalks removed
- 2 bamboo skewers
- Make the sriracha mayo by mixing the vegan mayo with some sriracha (make it as spicy as you like).
- Prepare the lettuce and tomato, then set aside.
- Cut the bun in half and toast in a dry pan, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan or microwave and stir in some sriracha, this will be your sriracha butter, you’ll use this to baste the burger.
- Cook the burgers… drizzle some oil in a non-stick pan, place the burgers in the pan a cook for 3 – 4mins on each side over a med heat. Add the sriracha butter and baste the burgers using a pastry brush until they’re nicely coloured.
- Place on the burger cheese, pour in a splash of water and cover the pan with a lid, turn the heat down low and cook for a minute until the cheese is melted then turn the heat off.
- To assemble the burger, spread some sriracha mayo on the bottom half of the bun, place on the lettuce and tomato, then the burgers. Drizzle with some more sriracha (if you dare….hahahahahaha…etc).
- Top with the bun top and skewer with the completely unnecessary red chilli devil horns!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!