Our Meatless Chipolata Sausages are perfect for casseroles and winter warming recipes such as this hash. In this dish they’re glazed for extra flavour and served with a zingy chimichurri.
For the Hash:
- 6 Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes
- 100g Kale, kalettes or chard (or a mix of all three)
- 2 Roscoff onions or 2 brown onions
- 4 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Harissa (or to taste)
- Olive oil or rapeseed oil
For the chimichurri:
- 50g Flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 Chilli (finely chopped)
- 2tsp Dried oregano
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Oil (use a neutral oil, nothing too peppery)
- First job is to roast the onions. Place the whole onions in a roasting tray with a drizzle of oil and season with sea salt. Roast at 180C for about an hour or until the onions are lovely and soft. While they’re cooking…
- Peel the potatoes (or leave them skin on, that works too), place in a pan of salted water and bring to the boil, cook until just tender, drain and leave to cool.
- To make the kale crisps, wash the kale and pick off the thick stalks, pat dry, lay the kale in a roasting tray, drizzle with oil, season with salt. Roast in the oven at 100C for around an hour or until dry and crispy. Then set to one side.
- In a pan, fry the garlic in a good glug of olive oil for 1 min, then add a handful of kale/chard or halved and trimmed kalettes. Cook for 4 mins with a splash of water. Remove the onions from their skins, roughly chop and mix into the hash with the harissa and the potatoes. Check the seasoning, mix through some chopped parsley. Keep warm while you cook the sausages.
- To cook the sausages… you can either pan fry for around 10mins, roast in the oven at 180C for 12 mins or grill. When they’re halfway through cooking, glaze with a mix of Dijon and maple syrup. Baste regularly until cooked.
(M*** F*** Tip… You can pre-cook our sausages, chill and then reheat for service)
- Make the chimichurri by mixing all the ingredients together then season well with salt. Check the acidity of the sauce, up the vinegar if needed. If the sauce is too thick add some more oil.
- Time to plate up! In a warm bowl or hot cast iron dish, place some of the hash, top with the glazed sausage, then drizzle over the chimichurri and place on some of the kale crisps.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!