- 1 pack of Meatless Farm Frozen Plant-Based Meatballs (we used 10)
- 2 packs of instant ramen noodles
- 150g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 200g edamame beans
For the stock:
- 1 tbsp of white miso
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tsp black garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp 13 spice (or 5 spice, if you can’t find it)
- Splash of sesame oil
- 300-500ml reserved noodle water
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Crispy chilli oil
For the glaze:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 thumb of ginger, peeled and julienned
- Firstly, cook the noodles according to pack instructions until slightly undercooked. Drain with a sieve and reserve the boiled water. Spray the noodles with water as cold as ice to stop them cooking further.
- In a separate pan add oil and cook off the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Meatballs for 8-10 mins, turning regularly. Turn the heat down. Mix the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and then add this to the pan, coating all of those delicious meatballs. Set to one side.
- Give the same pan a quick rinse, add the stock mix and whisk together adding the reserved noodle water and bring to a simmer. We’re using 13 spice which is 5-spice with 8 extra spices because we’re clever, so bag that if you can.
- Add the edamame beans and mushrooms and cook gently before adding your noodles back to the pan.
- Bang it all in a deep, deep bowl and top with your Glazed Meatballs, toasted sesame seeds and crispy, crispy chilli oils.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!