Indian Shepherd’s Pie
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add the oil.
- Once hot add cumin seeds, bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Stir in onions and cook till golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a min.
- Add the Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince and leave undisturbed for 3 mins and then stir through.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and puree, salt and pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder. Cover and simmer on low for 10 mins.
- Make the mash, by boiling the potatoes for 15 mins and then drain.
- Mash using a potato masher and stir in milk, butter and seasoning. Use a wooden spoon to beat together till potatoes are smooth.
- Add filling to a casserole dish, top with mash and bake in an oven on 200C for 20-25 mins till the potatoes are lightly golden.
- 400g Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 400g passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 55ml milk
- 85g butter