All of your Christmas favourites, in a burger. We’ve given the Meatless burger a festive makeover with chilli & cranberry jam, clementine mayo and sprout slaw. All I want for Christmas is you!
For the stuffing
- 1 pack of Sage & onion stuffing mix
For the parsnips
- 2 parsnips peeled and chopped into battons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the chilli & cranberry jam
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli jam
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
For the clementine mayo
- Juice of 1 clementine incl 1 tsp zest
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Pinch of pepper
For the burgers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Burgers
- 2 vegan Cheddar slices
- 2 vegan burger buns
For the sprout slaw
- 100g sprouts, finely shredded
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Splash white wine vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- Drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7. Prepare and roast stuffing as per packaging instructions.
- Mix the parsnips, olive oil, maple and seasoning in a bowl and pour onto a baking tray in a single layer. Roast for 25 mins checking mid-way through to flip.
- Whilst waiting for your stuffing and parsnips you can prepare your sauces. Mix your cranberry and chilli jam ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Combine your clementine mayo ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the sprout slaw, tip the shredded sprouts into a bowl and mix with 2 tsp of dijon, a pinch of sea salt, a drizzle of oil and a splash of vinegar
- When your stuffing and parsnips have about 6-7 mins left, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and add seasoned Meatless Farm burgers. Cook for 5 mins ensuring to flip ocassionally. Whilst cooking, pop your buns in the oven for a few mins to toast.
- Add a slice of vegan cheese to the top of each burger, cover your pan in foil to trap heat and moisture and cook for a further 2 mins until the vegan cheese is melted and gooey!
- Now to get stacking! Smear your bottom burger buns with clementine mayo, top with your slaw then add the cheesy ”burgers”, followed by a big scoop of stuffing, a few maple parsnips and a big dollop of chilli cranberry.
- Smear each of your top burger halves with more clementine mayo and crown your Christmas masterpiece — now, Christmas really has come early!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!