#MakeItMeatless with Kate Ferdinand and our NEW plant-based steaks. With their delicious meaty taste and texture, they’re perfect in these sizzling steak fajitas, served up with a zingy pineapple salsa and guacamole.
- 2x Meatless Farm Plant-Based Steaks
- 1 medium pineapple, skinned, cored and diced into small cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 1/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 avocados
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lime, 1/2 juiced and the other 1/2 cut into small wedges
- 10g coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped (some leaves reserved)
- 8-10 mini tortilla wraps
- Combine the pineapple, red onion, cherry tomatoes, chilli, vinegar, sugar and 1tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer over a medium- high heat for 20 minutes until its thick and sticky, mashing with a potato masher part-way through to release the pineapple juices. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place a frying pan over a low heat. add 1-2tbsp oil and the fajita seasoning. Fry the steaks for 10 minutes, turning regularly, then set aside. Wipe out the pan then add the peppers and cook for 10 minutes, until softened.
- While the peppers cook, combine the avocado with the garlic, lime juice and coriander stems and most of the leaves. Toast the tortillas.
- To serve, slice the ‘steak’. Serve with the pineapple salsa, peppers and guacamole, topped with the reserved coriander leaves and lime wedges, with tortilla wraps.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!