Made with our NEW Meatless Farm Chicken Burgers, this Korean-inspired recipe is bursting with flavour. Make it burger night, make it Meatless!
- 2 Meatless Farm Chicken Burgers
- 2 Burger buns
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ an apple, diced
- 8 slices of cucumber
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ carrot, peeled and grated on a mandolin
- ¼ daikon, peeled and grated on a mandolin
- 20g rice wine vinegar
- 10g sugar
- 4 tbsp Kimchi
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour or rice flour
- Oil for cooking
- 4 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 2 tsp yuzu juice
- Make the gochujang sauce by mixing the apple, gochujang, rice vinegar and sugar in a bowl, then set aside.
- Pickle the cucumber by combining all the ingredients and set aside. Do the same with to create the pickles and the yuzu mayo.
- For the kimchi fritters, mix the kimchi with the flour. In a deep pan, add a few inches of cooking oil, heat to 170C. Then very carefully drop spoonfuls of the kimchi mix into the oil, fry for a few minutes on each side, then remove from the oil and leave to drain on a kitchen towel. Keep warm.
- Toast the burger buns in a dry pan or under a grill.
- To cook the burgers from chilled pre-heat your oven to 180C. Place the burgers on a baking tray and cook for 10 mins. If you have a fryer, cook at 180C for 2mins.
- To assemble your burger, spoon the mayo on to the bottom piece of the bun, top with the pickles, then add the burger, then the pickled cucumber, followed by the gochujang sauce, then the top of the burger bun.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!