Meatless Asian Power Stir Fry
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack, approx. 3oz per person in the meantime prepare the ground and extras. When the rice is cooked you can leave it in the pan until ready to serve.
- Place a non stick pan over a medium high heat with the sesame oil, carefully add the ground to the pan in one block, leave to cook on one side until well browned, carefully flip the block of mince and color on the second side. Using a wooden spoon start to break the ground up. Keep cooking until the ground strands are well coloured on all sides. This should take 10 -12 mins. When the ground is cooked and nice and crispy, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In the same pan add some more sesame oil to the pan on a medium heat and gently fry the whole chilli, garlic and ginger to release the flavors. Cook for 3-4 mins being careful not to burn. The aim is to flavour the oil.
- Mix the soy, mirin, rice vinegar and lime in a bowl and mix. Add this to the pan and stir on a low heat for 30 seconds. Add back the ground, tossing in the pan and allow it to caramelise again on a medium heat.
- Boil or steam your broccoli for 3-4 mins and evenly portion out the rice into 4 bowls.
- Spoon the mince over the top, and garnish with the tomatoes, cashews, basil and oyster mushrooms. Finally sprinkle over the sesame seeds and scallions. A squeeze of lime or dash of soy sauce over the finished plate is optional for a zingy boost
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- A good glug of good quality sesame oil
- 1 red chili
- Thumb of ginger, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 12 oz Jasmine or wholegrain rice
- 8 stems of tenderstem broccoli
- 8 oyster mushrooms
- 4oz of cashew nuts
- 8oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- Handful of basil
- 1 lime
- Mixed sesame seeds