Nothing comes close to comfort food like Bangers & Mash. Our meat-free version with Plant-Based Chipolata sausages has added vegetables for bonus Plant Points.
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm chipolatas
- 2 red onions sliced thinly
- 200g chopped chestnut mushrooms
- ¼ savoy cabbage, shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Jar of reduced salt gravy granules
- 1 bottle of cider
- 400ml veg stock
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 30g parsley
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 50g vegan butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Chop up your potatoes into even quarters and boil from cold in salted water until a fork goes through easily.
- In another pan, sweat off your red onions and mushrooms for 8-10 mins, before adding a healthy glug of cider. Wait for the alcohol to burn off then add your veg stock. Bring to the boil and add the gravy granules. Mix well and season with black pepper and soy sauce. Add more granules for a thicker gravy.
- Quickly sauté your cabbage and spring onions in a very hot pan. Tip into a bowl to add to the mash later.
- In the same pan now on a medium heat, fry your Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages in a drizzle of oil. Turn regularly to get an even colour.
- Mash time! Drain your potatoes and let them steam for a little bit. Add butter and mash until smooth, then fold in your charred cabbage and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Time to serve up! Add a large spoonful of mash to a bowl followed by 3 Meatless Farm Chipolatas and a large spoonful of gravy. Top with fresh parsley. Repeat for the rest of your mob and tuck into this delicious warming dish!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!