We’re taking cheese toastie recipes to the next level with our Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages, chilli jam and plenty of cheese.
- 4-6x Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages
- 75g Yorkshire Red cheese
- 75g Double Yorkshire cheese
- 75ml milk
- 7.5g corn flour
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard or English mustard
- Chilli Jam or Sriracha (Mango chutney also works well), to taste
- Plenty of softened butter
- 4 thick slices of bread
- Grate the cheeses into a bowl and mix with the cornflour.
- Meanwhile add the milk to a pan with the mustard and mix together over a gentle heat.
- When the milk is hot but not boiling, add the cheese a bit at a time. Mix well, then add more cheese, stirring well with a whisk.
- Keep mixing until the cheese is fully melted, turn the heat up slightly and beat with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and stringy.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a tray lined with grease proof paper. Leave to cool and then refrigerate to set the cheese mix.
- When you’re ready to make your cheese toastie, remove the skin and break up your Meatless Farm Chipolata Sausages into a bowl. Place a non stick pan over a moderate heat with a splash of oil. When the oil is hot, carefully add the sausage meat to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes while breaking apart with a wooden spoon and then add as much sriracha or chilli jam as you can handle. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Take two thick slices of bread and butter the outsides. In the centre place half of the cheese mix and top with the sausage mix and a drizzle of more chilli jam or sriracha.
- Pre-heat a thick bottomed frying pan over a low/medium heat. Carefully place the toastie in the pan, weigh down with a toastie press if you have one. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the toastie is nice and golden on the first side. Carefully flip it over and cook the second side for another 5 minutes.
- When the toastie is lovely and golden and the cheese is gooey turn off the heat, using a spatula remove the toastie from the pan and place on a chopping board. Leave for 2 mins to cool and to allow the cheese to settle. Then use a bread knife to carefully slice it in half, find a dark corner, grab a bib and enjoy.
- We served ours with a few pickled chillies for an added fiery tickle.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!