Everyone needs good sprout recipes for Christmas, and this one is the present you’ve been looking for.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages, cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 500g Brussels sprouts, cut in half with any gnarly outer leaves peeled off
- 3 tsp miso
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- First job is to blanche your sprouts. Fill a saucepan with salted water and bring to the boil. When the water is boiling carefully tip the sprouts into the pan, cook for 2 mins, then drain and plunge into ice water or cool under the cold tap. Once they’re fully cool, drain well and pat dry then set aside.
- Make the glaze by combining the miso, mustard, maple and sesame seeds in a pan and heat gently over a low heat. Mix really well and set aside.
- To cook the sausages, pre heat a non-stick pan over a medium/high heat, cook the sausage pieces for a few minutes on each side until golden brown all over. Tip in the glaze mix and stir well. Tip the sausages on to a plate until you’re ready to finish the dish.
- To finish the dish set a large non-stick pan over a medium/high heat with a good splash of vegetable oil. One by one lay the sprouts flat side down in the pan. Cook for a few minutes until the sprouts are golden on one side, then turn each one over (this may seem annoyingly fiddly but it’ll be worth it when you end up with uniformly golden sprouts and your guests start referring to you as “The god of sprouts”.
- When the sprouts have started to colour tip in the sausages and any remaining glaze. Give them a good mix around, turn the heat to low. Season with a little salt and a splash of rice vinegar (vinegar is optional but will help give the dish an extra lift)
- Then you’re done!Optional extras include a heavy grating of Parmesan or a drizzle of sriracha. This dish also works really well as a brunch dish, served with a fried egg or scrambled tofu.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!