- Soak the bulgur wheat in the water and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place bulgur wheat into a muslin cloth and squeeze out excess water.
- Combine with 1/2 the onion, 1/2 the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
- Pulse the mixture in a processor in batches until a dough like consistency is reached.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and the remaining onion, and cook till translucent.
- Add the remaining mince, allspice, remaining salt and pepper and cumin and stir.
- Allow the meat to brown and then turn carefully using a wooden spatula. Let the mince colour, then break the mince the spatula. Keep cooking until well coloured (12 – 15 minutes). Remove from heat. Allow it to cool off for 10 minutes.
- Using damp hands, take some dough. Form it into a rugby ball shape. Poke a finger into the ball to create a hole. Add some filling and pinch to seal.
- Keep the Kibbeh in the fridge until ready to fry.
- Heat oil for frying and fry Kibbeh in batches until golden brown.
- 115g fine bulgur wheat
- 375 ml cold water
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 400g Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying