Meatless Kofte, with flatbreads & spicy green sauce
- For the kofte… empty the burgers into a bowl, mix with the harissa, flat leaf parsley, lemon zest, season with a pinch of sea salt and mix well.
- Divide the mix into two, shape into two long rectangular sausages, carefully skewer with the bamboo skewers then place on grease proof paper, and then onto a plate, keep covered in the fridge until needed
- For the salad… in a bowl mix together the tomato, cucumber, mint and drizzle over a little olive oil and splash of vinegar, season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- For the spicy green sauce… In a blender or using a slick blender blitz the parsley, garlic, chilli, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil and salt. Blitz until you have course sauce. Add more oil if it needs to be looser. Check the seasoning, add a little more salt or vinegar if needed.
- When you’re ready to cook, lightly brush the kofte with a little oil, place on the BBQ away from any direct heat. Cook until nice and crispy on one side, then carefully flip each kofte and cook on the second side.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil, toast on the BBQ for 30 seconds until warm.
- Place the flatbread on a plate, spoon on the salad, place on the kofte, drizzle over the spicy green sauce and tuck in!
- 1 Pack Meatless Farm Burgers
- Long bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water
- 3 tsp harissa (or to taste)
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, zest not juice
- 2 flatbreads
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Olive oil, drizzle
- 50g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt