Looking for a pancake stack? Whether it’s for Pancake Day or just a treat vegan breakfast, this one is flippin’ brilliant. It’s made with American pancakes to give the stack some rigidity.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Chipolata Sausages
- 120g plain white flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250ml cold sparkling water
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 1 large avocado
- Salt & pepper to season
- Splash of lime juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3-4 stems of coriander, finely chopped
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 30ml maple syrup
- 4tsp soured cream (or vegan yogurt)
- Handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To make your pancake batter, combine 120g of plain white flour, 1 tbsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix together.
- Add in the almond milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, coconut oil and stir well until combined. Let the mixture sit for 5 mins so the baking powder has time to activate.
- To create your sausage batter, add the flour, 1 tbsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt to a bowl and stir together with a whisk.
- Put the cold sparkling water into a separate bowl and add the vegetable oil. Gently stir.
- Add your dry mixture to the wet mixture bowl. Don’t whisk the mixture, but push it down through the water. It’s ok if it’s lumpy! Leave to sit for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, make your smashed avocado by spooning out the avocado into a bowl, adding a pinch of salt and pepper, lime juice, white wine vinegar, coriander and cherry tomatoes, and mashing together with a fork.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over a medium-low heat and coat the pan with some coconut oil. Scoop up some of the pancake batter with a ladle and drop into the pan to form small-medium sized pancakes. Allow to cook until small bubbles form on top of the pancake. Gently flip and cook for another two mins or until the pancakes are golden brown and cooked through. Repeat until you’ve used all the pancake mix. Set aside and cover.
- Next, remove your Meatless Farm Plant-Based Sausage Patties from the packaging (or make your own patties by removing the skin from our Plant-Based Sausages and flattening the sausage mixture into patties). Pour the vegetable oil into a saucepan (1.5 inches) and heat to 170C. Dip the sausage patty in to the batter mixture and gently lower into the oil, drizzling some extra batter over the top. Cook for around 90 seconds until golden brown.
- To assemble, take two pancakes and place one on the plate. Cover with 1-2cm of smashed avocado. Place the sausage patty on top and cover with the second pancake.
- In a frying pan, lightly fry the red chilli in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 1 minute on a medium-low heat. Pour in 30ml of maple syrup, allow to caramelise for 20 seconds.
- Finish with a dollop of soured cream or vegan yogurt, pour over the maple syrup and chilli, then garnish with coriander.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!