The Burger Basics
- 2x Meatless Farm Meat Free Burger
- 2x brioche buns
- 2x American burger cheese slice
- 8x slice sweet dill pickle
For the Aubergine Candy Bacon:
- 6x strips of aubergine, cut to resemble bacon
- 25ml liquid smoke
- 25ml whisky
- 25g BBQ rub
- 6tbsp maple syrup
For the Mother Flipper Special Sauce:
- 50g vegan mayo
- 25g Heinz ketchup
- 25g Frenchs Mustard
- 25g pickles, finely chopped
For the Shoestring Fries
- 2x chipping potatoes
- Oil for frying
To Make The Aubergine Candy Bacon
- Mix the liquid smoke, whisky and BBQ rub together and combine well.
- Marinade the sliced aubergine in the mixture for around 10 mins.
- Heat a pan to medium/high heat and place the aubergines in the pan. Fry until they start to colour. Lower the heat and then add the maple syrup and cook until caramelised.
- Removed from the pan and cool on a plate ready to use in the burger.
To Make The Shoestring Fries
- Cut the potato into matchsticks, either using a knife or a mandolin.
- Carefully heat your oil to 175C and then place the shoestring potato into the pan in small batches. Cook until golden and crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the fries when golden brown. Drain on paper towel, allow to cool and set aside to put into the burger.
To Make The Mother Flipper Special Sauce
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Set aside ready to serve in the burger
To Create Your Burger
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a little oil.
- Place the Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers in the pan and press down with a spatula to roughly the same size as the bun.
- Season with a little salt and cook for 3 mins until seared on one side.
- Cut the brioche in half and toast in a pan or under a grill.
- Flip the patties over and add a slice of burger cheese, 3 slices of aubergine candy bacon and place the toasted top bun on the patty in the pan. Cook for another 2/3 mins until cooked through.
- On the bottom bun, garnish with the special sauce, then the pickles. Place the cooked patty onto the garnished bottom bun.
- Lift the top bun off and add special sauce and a handful of shoestring fries.
- Place back onto the bottom bun and tuck in to The Greta Burger!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!