Treat mum this Mothering Sunday with a plant-based Mother’s Day brunch from the heart. Kind to mum, kind to the planet. Simple.
- 1 Pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolatas
- 150g baby spinach
- 12 ripe cherry tomatoes (on the vine if possible)
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 2 big crumpets
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
For the tofoo…
- 1 pack scrambled Tofoo from the Tofoo company
- 100ml soya cream
For the spicy green sauce…
- 50g flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A small piece of red chill or a few chilli flakes
- Make the spicy green sauce… add all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth then set aside (you can also hand chop everything for a more rustic sauce)
- For the sausage patties… tip the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolatas into a bowl, smash them up with your hands then shape into two large sausage patties (or do four smaller ones if you prefer).
- In a non-stick pan drizzle some oil over a medium heat, fry the mushrooms until crispy, season well with sea salt. Crush a clove of garlic and add it to the pan with the tomatoes, cook for a couple of mins until they start to colour, then add the spinach. Season well and set aside.
- Cook the sausage patties in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil over a medium heat. They’ll take 2 -3 mins on each side. Toast the crumpets in the same pan.
- Meanwhile, tip the scrambled tofoo into a saucepan and drizzle in around 100ml of soya cream, keep warm until you’re ready to plate up.
- Arrange the crumpets on plates, top with the spinach, then the sausage patties, followed by the scrambled tofoo and the crispy mushrooms.
- Finally drizzle on the spicy green sauce and you’re ready to eat.
- Don’t forget the flowers, cup of tea (or glass of fizz) and a card. Happy Mother’s Day, mums, you’re the best.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!