Bish, bash BOSH! Level up your BBQ game and tuck into this decadent Peanut Butter and Chilli Jam Burger. Messy fingers are guaranteed!
- 3 white onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 Meatless Farm Plant-Based Burgers
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp crunchy and runny peanut butter
- 4 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart, finely sliced
- 4 thick slices of cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large saucepan over a medium-low heat and add a glug of olive oil. When warm, throw in the sliced onions and a pinch of salt. Give it a good mix and then cook for 30 mins until the onions turn soft and gooey. Make sure to check sporadically and add a splash of water to stop the onions sticking to the pan.
- Once the onions are nice and soft, mix through the brown sugar and cook for another 5 mins until the sugar has dissolved.
- Now it’s time to cook the burgers. Place the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Burger patties on to a large baking tray and flatten each one with your hands or a spatula. Drizzle some olive oil on to your hands and give the burgers a gentle rub. Place the patties on to a pre-heated grill or BBQ and cook on each side until they are golden brown on the outside and piping hot in the middle.
- Add a slice of cheese to the top of each pattie and carefully cover with a pan lid to help the cheese melt. Add your burger buns open side down to the grill to gently toast.
- It’s time to get building! We added a dollop of peanut butter and a spoonful of chilli sauce to the bottom bun, followed by some shredded lettuce, a burger pattie, a good helping of onions, another burger pattie, and then more onions, before finishing off with a further drizzle of peanut butter and chilli jam. Incredible.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!