BBQ jackfruit cheeseburger
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tin jackfruit in water
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- A few dashes of Worcester sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1 apple, core removed and finely sliced
- 1/4 cabbage, diced
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 tsp dairy free spread
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 burger buns, lightly toasted
- Slices of cheese
- 1 large tomato, cut into rings
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings
- 1 small lettuce, shredded
- Firstly, mix all of your coleslaw ingredients in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge until plating up.
- Place the corn in a pan and cover with boiling water. Boil on the hob for 10 mins.
- When cooked, remove from the heat and rub butter over the corn and sprinkle with the seasoning mix. Leave to one side.
- Drain the jackfruit, place on a lined baking tray and pull apart slightly with your fingers.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 18 mins turning half way.
- Meanwhile, mix all the remaining BBQ jackfruit ingredients together in a bowl. Remove the jackfruit from the oven and coat with two-thirds of the sauce.
- Return to the oven and cook again for 3 mins. Add more sauce and cook for another 3 mins.
- Season on both sides and then cook your Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers as per pack instructions, adding cheese as desired towards the end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, place your corn on a baking tray and then under the grill on a medium heat for 5 mins, turning regularly.
- Time to build your burger! Take the bottom of your burger bun and add lettuce, tomato and red onion. Top with your cheeseburger, jackfruit and then the top bun. Serve with coleslaw and corn on the side.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!