Meatless Farm ambassador and nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert whips up these Plant-Based Nachos. They’re packed full of flavour, high in protein and with plenty of veggies to support your gut health.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp plant-based yoghurt or soured cream
- Large handful of chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato or harissa paste
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
For the cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours or overnight
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more if necessary
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
For the pickled onions
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cut white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Add all the ingredients of the pickled onions into a bowl or jar, loose with a lid or cling film and set aside in the fridge.
- Drain the soaked cashews and blend them with all the “cheese” sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan with oil and add the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince. Wait for 1 min and slowly break it into small pieces, cook for 12-15 mins, turning it around until it’s all golden and crispy.
- Add the dried herbs and spices, harissa paste and mix together until everything is combined (you can add 2 tbsp of water if needed to loosen the mixture).
- Combine the quartered cherry tomatoes with lemon juice and a pinch of salt, set aside.
- Assemble the nachos by layering the tortilla chips, the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince, the pickled onions and avocado cubes. Splash on some plant based sour cream or yoghurt, and cheese sauce, followed by the tomatoes, coriander and pickled onions. Tuck in!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!