Fancy something different to a Christmas roast? This salt & pepper crispy mince with roasted cabbage is a great way of adding some spice into your Christmas recipes.
- 200g Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince
- Veg oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsp five spice
- 1 hispi or sweetheart cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- Place oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Flake the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince into the pan, cook for around 10 mins, gently breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go. Add a drizzle more oil if needed. Keep cooking until you have a pan of crispy mince. Then remove mince from the pan and set aside.
- In a very hot pan, drizzle in some oil then stir fry the onion, spring onion, chili and peppers for a minute or two
- Add the crispy mince, garlic, salt and pepper and five spice.
- Mix well and cook for 1 min. This is your salt and pepper mince mix. Keep it to one side until needed.
- Quarter the hispi cabbage and pan fry with a little oil over a medium heat until nicely coloured all over. Season with salt and pepper then and roast in the oven on a baking tray with a big nob of butter for around 10-15 mins at 180C.
- Now you’re ready to serve… Re-heat the salt and pepper mince and then tip over the cabbage. Add more chopped chilli or coriander for a little more festive jazz.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!