Stuffed romano peppers with crispy harissa mince & chimichurri
4 stuffed peppers
- Light your BBQ! While that’s heating, pop inside and cook the mince, make sure someone stays outside to keep an eye on the BBQ.
- For the mince… place a non-stick pan over a medium heat, drizzle in a good glug of oil. Tip the mince into the pan. Cook for 5 mins, then turn the mince over and repeat. As It cooks, you can start flaking it apart. Add a bit more oil to help it get mega crispy.
- Add the yellow pepper and garlic, season well with salt. After around 3 – 4 mins add the harissa. Give it a good stir, then add the cherry tomatoes and the parsley. A squeeze of lemon juice is an optional upgrade at this point. Check the seasoning then set aside.
- Make the chimichurri by combining the parsley, oregano, garlic chilli, red wine vinegar, oil and salt. Mix well. Check the seasoning. See if it needs any more salt or any more vinegar for zingyness. Add more oil if it needs to be looser.
- Go back and check the BBQ is looking good. Lightly oil the long red peppers, and grill for around 10 mins until nicely coloured.
- Remove the peppers from the heat and stuff with the mince mixture. Place back on the BBQ on an indirect heat until nice and hot.
- Serve with a healthy drizzle of the chimichurri
- 1/2 pack of Meatless Farm Mince
- 2 long romano peppers, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced or chopped
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- Handful chopped parsley
- Handful of vine ripped cherry tomato
- 50g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt