The ultimate sharing dish for the World Cup or any other gathering? Nachos. It’s not even up for debate. Crispy tortilla chips, loaded up with spiced Meatless Mince (with a secret hit of dark chocolate), a vegan cheese sauce, salsa, guacamole. Back of the net!
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 dried chipotle chilli, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400ml vegan beef stock or veg stock
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Splash of soy sauce
- 2 chunks of very dark chocolate
- 4 bags of nachos
For the cheese sauce…
- 200g vegan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 100ml unsweetened soya milk
- 2 tsp fajita spices
- Soured cream or plain vegan yoghurt
- Sliced radishes
- Lime wedges
- Add a drizzle of oil to a pan over a medium heat, chuck in the onion, season with a pinch of salt, cook for a couple of mins then add the cinnamon stick, garlic and spices. Cook for a couple of mins then add the chillies and tomato puree. Cook for 2 more mins.
- Add the stock and kidney beans, simmer gently then stir in the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince, season with soy sauce and add the chocolate. Stir gently and simmer for 10 mins.
- To make the cheese sauce… Grate the cheese into a bowl and toss with the cornflour. Place the soy milk in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the cheese to the pan, stir constantly until the cheese melts, add the fajita spices and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- To assemble your epic nachos of destiny… Lay greaseproof paper on the table, tip on the nachos and spoon on the chilli, followed by the cheese sauce. Next, top with whatever accompaniments you fancy! We love radishes, guacamole, yoghurt, pickled chillies, coriander and fresh lime.
- Call yer pals and get stuck in!
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!