This Thai Beef Salad features charred Meatless Farm Plant-Based Steak on a super fresh rice noodle salad and bound together with a sharp/sweet/salty tamarind dressing. So fresh and so cleannnn!
- 2 Meatless Farm Plant-Based Steaks
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 pak choi, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated or cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 100g mangetout, finely sliced
- 50g green beans, trimmed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of Thai basil
- Handful of fresh coriander
For the dressing…
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 birds eye chilli
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 1 Lime, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp coriander stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar syrup or soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 50g toasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- First job is to make the dressing, add the garlic and chilli to a pestle and mortar, smash lightly, then add the coriander stalks, crush lightly, then add 2 lime wedges, the tamarind, the palm sugar & soy sauce. Give it a good mix around, have a taste (does it need more sugar or more soy? Maybe it needs more zing in which case add some more tamarind or lime). Set aside until later.
- Boil a kettle, place the rice noodles in a bowl, cover with the boiled water and leave to soak for 5 mins or until the noodles are cooked. Drain them in a colander and then rinse with cold water until chilled. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, add the pak choi, carrot, mangetout, green beans, give everything a good squeeze using your hands to help release some juice from the veg. Add the dressing give it a mix, add the tomatoes, if you have a rolling pin handy use that to give the salad a light smashing. Then add the drained noodles, mix well and set aside.
- Now cook the steaks…place a non-stick pan over a medium heat, drizzle in some oil. Season the steaks well with sea salt, cook for 2 mins, then flip the steak and repeat on the second side, repeat this for around 12 mins until they’re piping hot in the middle (72.C if you have a temperature probe).
- Now you’re ready to plate up! Divide the noodle salad between two bowls, slice the steaks and place on top of the noodles, garnish with the crushed peanuts, fresh mint, coriander and Thai basil. Drizzle over any remaining dressing.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!