This vegan chicken Kiev is elevated by a homemade truffle butter and is perfect for special occasions, or making in advance for a midweek dinner.
- 2 Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chicken Breast
- 100g salted vegan butter, softened at room temp
- 10g truffle oil
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 50g unsweetened soya milk
- 100g soya milk
- Mash and your choice of veg to serve
- Place the softened butter in a bowl, mix in the truffle oil, season well with black pepper.
- Place the butter in a piping bag, trim it down so it’s not massive. Set to one side.
- Remove from the packaging and then place the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chicken breasts on a board. Use a sharp knife to make a deep pocket in the breast (make the incision from the wide end of the breast).
- Pipe the butter into your little chicken pocket. Use your fingers to pinch the chicken and close the chicken around the butter. Place the breasts in the fridge until the butter is fully set,
- In three separate bowls place the flour, soy milk and panko.
- Dip each breast in the flour, followed by the soy milk, and then the panko. Repeat the process so you have a double coating.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- To cook the vegan chicken kievs, you can either do them in the air fryer for 15 mins (they won’t be as golden but it still works), deep fry them for around 8 mins at 170C, OR oven bake for 20 mins at 200C. ORRR do what we did: pan fry until golden on both sides, then bake in the oven for 10 mins
- Serve with butter mash and beautiful blanched greens.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!