- Add the flour, yeast, sugar and salt to a large bowl/bowl of a stand mixer. Keep the salt away from the yeast for now.
- Drizzle in the oil and add the water slowly bit by bit until a dough is formed. Knead in the stand mixer for 7 minutes or by hand for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl and leave to rise in a slightly warm (not hot) place for 1 hour.
- Add oil to a large pot and once hot, add the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince without breaking the block. Allow to brown and then turn the block carefully using a wooden spatula. Let the mince colour, then break the mince the spatula. Keep cooking until well coloured (12 – 15 minutes), then remove to a plate.
- In the same pan add the onions. Cook until golden brown – around 8 – 10 minutes. Then add the pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomato and tomato puree and cook covered on low for 10 – 15 minutes. Add a splash of water to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- Now add the mince back in with the red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper and cook on a low heat for around 2 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 230C.
- Divide the dough into 4 (around 90g).
- Roll into a long oval shape on a floured surface or use your hands to stretch out onto a lined/lightly greased baking tray. Repeat with remaining 3 dough balls.
- Add some of the filling to the centre of a Pide, leaving a 1 inch gap around the sides. Top with cheese if using.
- Fold over the sides. Baste with egg wash.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until golden.
- 300g strong bread flour
- 7g instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 120-180 ml water lukewarm
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 200g plum tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g Meatless Farm Plant-Based Mince
- 1 tsp Turkish red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 150g grated Mozzarella or Cheddar, optional
- 1 egg, whisked