Twist Caribbean Burger
- In a small pot or skillet, add the oil and heat to medium high heat. Fry the plantain until outer edges brown and caramelise. Remove, drain on a lined plate and allow to cool.
- To make the secret sauce, whisk mayo, ketchup, sweet relish, mustard, vinegar, sugar and scotch bonnet sauce together in a small bowl.
- Season the Meatless Farm Meat Free Burger patties with your spice blend on both sides. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and melt butter in the pan. Cook the patties for 3 mins on one side then flip. Layer the cheese on the patties and cover the pan and squirt a little water around the patties and cover to melt the cheese. Cook for 3 more mins on lower heat.
- Lightly toast the buns. If desired, butter buns prior to toasting.
- Layer cheesy patty on the bottom of the bun. Then add lettuce, tomato, onion, and finally, the fried plantain chips. Add dollop of secret sauce to the top bun before completing burger. (You will have leftover sauce.)
- To make the burgers Double-style, divide each thawed patty into two parts into 1⁄4 inch thick patties. Cook each patty for 2 minutes on each side, melting the cheese on top after flipping. Build the burgers with two patties, and desired toppings.
- 2 Meatless Farm Meat Free Burgers
- 1⁄2 yellow plantain, peeled and cut in slices (1/2 inch pieces)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, allspice and cayenne (and a crack of salt and pepper), mixed together to create a spice blend
- Double Gloucester Cheese (or vegan equivalent), sliced
- 4 slices beef tomato
- 1/2 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp butter (or vegan equivalent)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 burger buns (regular or brioche style)
- 50g mayonnaise (or vegan equivalent)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp scotch bonnet sauce