One tablespoon of harissa is all it takes to elevate your vegan sausage rolls to the next level. These little picnic favourites are also a great nibble ahead of a romantic meal.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages
- 1 tbsp harissa (we love the Belazu stuff)
- 25g flat leaf parsley
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tsp of za’atar for garnish
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C.
- Remove and discard the skin from the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolatas and place them in a bowl. Smush them up with your bare (clean) hands, mix in the harissa and chopped flat leaf parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry so it’s in a landscape position in front of you.
- Shape the sausage mixture across the width of the pastry. Roll the pastry over, tucking in the sausage as you go. Trim off any excess pastry (there might be about an inch hanging over).
- Using a sharp knife, cut the big long sausage roll into 6 smaller ones.
- Carefully score the top of each one with a knife, brush with some soy milk, sprinkle on the za’atar (or use sesame seeds, chilli flakes or black pepper).
- Place the sausage rolls on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 20 mins then bake for around 20-25 mins until golden.
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!