Vegan pigs in blankets? Vegan pigs in duvets? Whatever you call them, this meat-free take on a festive hero side dish and epic party canapé is not to be missed this Christmas.
- 1 pack Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chipolata Sausages
- 1 pack of pre rolled puff pastry
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp sage, finely chopped
- Soy milk, enough to glaze
- 100g chopped chestnuts
- Orange zest
- Sage leaves
- Take the sheet of pre rolled pastry, sprinkle over some dried red pepper flakes, black pepper and chopped sage.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways, then into 5cm wide strips. Next, cut each rectangle from one top corner to the other.
- Flip each triangle over and roll up the sausages from the wide end of the pastry to the thin tip.
- Brush with soy milk and set in fridge for 20 mins.
- Roast for 20 mins at 180C.
- Slice the chestnuts and pan and fry in a little vegan butter for 2 mins over a medium heat with plenty of pepper and sea salt. Add some chopped sage and orange zest. Scatter over the cooked pigs in blankets.CHRISTMAS IS CONQUERED
There’s plenty more where this came from.
Why not try some of these delicious plant-based recipes out and Make It Meatless!