8 great reasons to eat plant-based
To celebrate Plant Power Day (March 7th), we’re looking at all the great reasons to make plant-based foods the star of the show!
It’s these reasons which drive the team at The Meatless Farm to do what we do!
- It’s good for your health! Our #plantbased products are high in protein, a source of fibre and vitamins, while also being low in cholesterol and saturated fats. We’re gluten-free, too!
- It’s good for the planet! Foods sourced from animals have relatively high environmental footprints compared to other food groups. For example, by switching to our pack of Meatless Mince you can reduce the amount of water similar to a long shower, and reduce your carbon footprint equivalent to a long drive. Food for thought!
- The EAT Lancet Commission are backing plant power! They recently presented a global planetary health diet which is “healthy, sustainable and good for people and the planet” with plant-based eating at the heart of it!
- It’s easier than you think to make simple swaps! Our plant-based mince has a delicious taste and texture and can easily be swapped in family favourites like bolognese, chilli, cottage pie and more!
- We’re making meatless delicious! Forget the days of mushy tofu – in 2019 plant-based eating means exciting recipes full of taste and texture!
- You’re supporting innovation! Developing a plant-based meat that looks, tastes and cooks like real meat is a challenge! But our technology-driven approach to protein innovation has helped us achieve that goal!
- You’re joining a growing trend! Did you know that there are 22 million ‘flexitarians’ in the UK who want to cut down on the amount of meat they eat. They can’t all be wrong!
- There’s no cruelty involved! If you have one eye on animal cruelty then going plant-based is definitely for you!