Cripsy Chik’n Club Sandwich
- Start with your caramelised onions.On a medium high heat melt the plant butter with the oil and add your sliced red and yellow onions. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Next, add the water, stir and cover with a lid. Change to a low heat and keep stirring every 2-3 minutes for a minimum of 10 minutes. The longer you cook on a low heat the softer, stickier and sweeter your onions will get.
- In the meantime… you can make the sauce. Combine the pickle, pickle vinegar, vegan mayo, tomato sauce, mustard and finely chopped onions in a bowl and set aside.
- Start cooking the Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chik’n according to instructions on back of pack depending on appliance you are using
- Build that bad boy… Apply a generous amount of sauce to your bottom slice of bread and top with the lettuce. Next add the Chik’n piece and the caramelised onions. You can always add more sauce at this point. Top with your second slice of bread and cut in half.
- Repeat for the second sandwich for your friend or just eat two yourself because they are that good.
- Customise and add as many extras as you like including fresh tomatoes, fresh red onions, arugula, cheese, pickles etc.
- 1 pack of 2 x Meatless Farm Plant-Based Chik’n Cutlets
- 1 pickle finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar from pickles
- 1 tbsp Vegan mayo
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp plant butter
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp veg or sunflower oil
- 4 slices of fresh toasted bread Lettuce leaves