DJ BBQ’s teriyaki burger with chopped spring onions
- To prepare the Teriyaki sauce, place a small saucepan onto the BBQ. Pour in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and water. Add sugar, ginger and corn flour. Bring to boil over a low heat stirring gently for 5 mins until glossy.
- Season the burgers and add into a frying pan cooking for 3 – 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Finish off the burger placing some cheese on it to melt (if you want).
- Toast your brioche buns directly onto the grill of the BBQ for 1 min, this will create a barrier for the juicy marinade and stop them from going soggy.
- To serve, place the burgers (topped with cheese) into the buns and add another layer of the Teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with the chopped spring onion.
- 2 packs Meatless Farm burgers (4)
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 thumb ginger finely diced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3oz soft brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 1/2 water