Pigless Blankets: Eggplant, maple & miso
- Mix together the miso and maple syrup, warm for 20 seconds in the microwave to soften the miso. Mix well and set aside
- Place a non-stick over a medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Season the eggplant and cook in batches, 2 mins on each side until soft. Remove from the pan and leave to cool. Then cut each slice of eggplant in half length ways.
- Wrap/roll each sausage half in the eggplant. Leave to set in the fridge until needed.
- To finish: Place the eggplant pigless blankets on a baking tray and brush with the maple & miso mixture. Either roast in a hot oven at 375F or cook under a hot grill for 10 mins. Baste with the maple mixture as you go. Half way through cooking sprinkle with the sesame seeds and cook until beautifully golden.
- 1 pack of Meatless Farm Meat Free Breakfast Sausages, cut in half (give them a little roll between your hands to give them a chipolata shape).
- 1 eggplant cut into 1/4 in slices lenthways.
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of miso
- 4 tsp sesame seeds