Verna Hungry Banana’s Korean Meatballs & Spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the meatball ingredients together and form 20 equally sized balls. Place them spaced out on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce and set aside.
- When the meatballs are done, cook the spaghetti until al dente, and spoon out a cup of pasta water before you drain. Set aside the spaghetti until later.
- On a medium heat the meatballs to a frying pan along with the most of the sauce (keep some for glazing at the end) and half the pasta water. Let this cook for about a minute or two.
- Add in the pasta and combine thoroughly, and add in some grated parmesan if preferred. If it’s a little dry, add another ladleful of pasta water to make it saucy.x
- Serve immediately with some chopped kimchi on the side, and brush the meatballs with the remaining sauce for an additional glaze.
For the meatballs:
- 400g Meatless Farm Meat Free Ground
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
For the pasta and sauce:
- 100g spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste,
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar / lemon juice